Tres Leches Cake Recipe by Realtor, Lainie Eilenberger - A Taste of West Texas in Every Bite
Envision yourself standing in the heart of your newly-acquired home, your fantasy kitchen. The rays of the sun drench the room in warm light while you've just retrieved a freshly baked tres leches cake from your oven. The scent of this luscious cake wafts through the room, reminding you of the satisfaction derived from the seamless execution of a trusted recipe, culminating in an exquisite culinary creation.
Greetings, I'm Lainie Eilenberger, your reliable realtor from West Texas, representing the Key and Slate Real Estate group. I'm convinced that finding your ideal home parallels baking the perfect tres leches cake. It's a delicate dance between the selection of top-notch ingredients, meticulous attention to detail, expertise in the field, and most significantly, an ardor for what you do. I assure you, there's no better locale to identify that impeccable recipe than the radiant West Texas. My commitment is unwavering when it comes to helping you discover a residence that reflects your personal style. I provide top-notch real estate services to - Abernathy, Brownfield, Buffalo Springs, Crosbyton, Denver City, Farwell, Floydada, Hale Center, Lamesa, Levelland, Littlefield, Lubbock, Muleshoe, New Deal, New Home, Olton, Plains, Plainview, Post, Ralls, Ransom Canyon, Seagraves, Seminole, Silverton, Slaton, Snyder, Spur, Sudan, Sundown, Tahoka, Tulia, Wolfforth, and every captivating town in between. But before we immerse ourselves in the real estate realm, how about a slice of our divine cake, don't you agree?
Let's delve into the Tres Leche Cake with Fresh Blackberries and Whipped Icing Recipe:
For the Cake:
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour (King Arthur advised)
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 5 large Eggs, separated (farm-fresh, organic eggs suggested)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 tsp pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk
Tres Leches Mixture:
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk (Borden's suggested)
- 1 can (12 oz) Evaporated Milk (Nestle Carnation suggested)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (Land O Lakes suggested)
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- Fresh Blackberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease and dust a 9x13 inch baking dish with flour.
2. Assemble the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Keep aside.
3. Vigorously whisk the egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar until they're light and have doubled in volume. Stir in the milk and vanilla.
4. Whip the egg whites to soft peaks, gradually incorporating the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Continue whipping until they're glossy and firm but not overly dry.
5. Merge the mixtures. Delicately fold in the flour mixture to the egg yolk concoction, then fold this mixture into the egg whites.
6. Bake the cake. Gently pour the batter into the prepared dish and smooth the surface. Bake for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow it to cool entirely in the dish.
7. Prepare the Tres Leches Mixture. In a small saucepan over low heat, blend the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream. Stir until well integrated and heated through. Avoid boiling it.
8. Soak the cake. After the cake has cooled, pierce holes across the surface with a fork. Gradually drizzle the tres leches mixture all over the cake, making sure it permeates the holes.
9. Chill the cake. Let the cake rest for approximately 30 minutes to absorb the milk mixture, then cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or even better, overnight.
10. Prepare the whipped icing. Whip the heavy cream with sugar until stiff peaks form. Frost the chilled cake generously.
11. Garnish with freshly sliced blackberries just before serving. Savor every bite!
Just as we chose our ingredients with utmost care for the tres leches cake, I recommend using organic, farm-fresh eggs, premium all-purpose flour such as King Arthur, and pure Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract for an unparalleled flavor experience. Trust Borden's Sweetened Condensed Milk, Land O Lakes Heavy Whipping Cream, and Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk for that heavenly tres leches soak.
The crowning glory is the whipped icing, an irresistible companion to the rich cake. Add fresh, quality blackberries for garnish, akin to the homes in our West Texas towns, where delightful touches make all the difference.
In the same spirit with which we crafted our tres leches cake, I extend my passion and commitment to a wide array of West Texas communities, each with its unique charm and vibrancy, from Abernathy to Wolfforth.
Just as our cake is a melange of distinct flavors, each West Texas town contributes its individual character. I'm here to assist you in identifying the one that's ideally suited for you!
While our cake is delectably sweet, it pales in comparison to the opportunity to guide you on your journey of home buying or selling. Choosing me as your real estate agent guarantees dedication, profound knowledge, and a sincere passion for serving West Texas. To find your dream home, visit my three websites -
So, come and be part of our community, where the neighbors are congenial, the towns are energetic, and the tres leches cake, topped with blackberries, is as sweet as the Texas sunsets.
Let's whip up a dream together, in the kitchen and in your future West Texas home!